To manage a portfolio of events primarily comprising Awards and/or Forums for Haymarket Media Group brands in their specific market sectors.
The event manager is responsible for the complete end-to-end project management of each of the events in their portfolio (including budget/financial management, event timelines, event microsites (design and content), marketing (design, content and delivery), event planning and logistics, all administration and digital filing and to act as the primary liaison with brand editorial team, brand commercial team, venues, suppliers, entrants, attendees, delegates, sponsors and any other key stakeholders (including marketing and telesales).
A more detailed breakdown of tasks as follows:
• Responsible for managing P&L and budgets/expenditures and maintaining forecasts along with the prompt financial decommissioning of projects.
• Accountable for the accurate processing of revenues from entries, table bookings and delegates (if applicable) and reconcile all revenues with the event management system and management accounts.
• Resolve any queries arising from bookings both with the relevant client and the relevant accounts team internally.
• Support the commercial team with the accurate budgeting of all commercial partners and acting as primary/secondary liaison where appropriate.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with internal events, editorial and commercial teams and external contracted key suppliers.
• Schedule and run regular meetings for each project with all relevant stakeholders in the project (including editorial, commercial, marketing, content and senior brand representatives).
• Maintain a working project file for each event on the Haymarket Events server.
• Responsible for programming of the relevant online booking process for each event on our entry management system (Eventsforce).
• Produce and maintain a timeline for each event ensuring that the event runs to schedule and deadlines are met.
• If required help secure judges or speakers for an event.
• Be the point of contact for event sponsors, judges or speakers regarding their involvement in any project.
• Process all entries, with the support of temporary staff or the events coordinator when necessary, building a database of entrants using Eventsforce software, compiling a master set of all entries and judges folders containing edited sets of entries.
• Co-ordinate plans and oversee the judging of awards events from facilities and catering, to the judging.
• Responsible for updating information and content on the event micro-sites.
• Co-ordinate activity prior to the launch of the marketing campaign for each project and to ensure that the activity is executed timely and correctly in-conjunction with the timeline of the event, working where appropriately with the brand and our Marketing and Telemarketing team members.
• Prepare and publish/produce entry packs, delegate application forms, media packs, commercial sales documents and online questionnaires for events, either online or if required, as a printed document.
• Supervise the design and execution of advertisements and all other marketing activity promoting entry or attendance for each event.
• Supervise the design and production of all other printed material relating to each project, working with Haymarket’s assigned design team.
• Utilise all marketing opportunities available to promote each event (including: social media, online inventory via our brand sites, editorial support, email marketing, telemarketing, print, direct marketing, other Haymarket events, recruitment sites and working where appropriate with Marketing and Telemarketing team members.
• Take responsibility for specific telemarketing aspect of awards events to ensure that all known interested parties are reminded to enter or attend.
• Supervise the operational activities of staff assisting you on any project (these may be colleagues or temporary or freelance staff).
• Compile VIP guest lists for each project based on past history and current information provided by editorial and commercial teams.
• Responsible for table planning delegate seating including internal brand guests and publish a short list of finalists and promote sales of table places for awards events.
• Supervise all aspects of the production and staging of each event for which you are responsible, in conjunction with the Director of Live Events, Portfolio Director and appointed suppliers.
• Attend each event in your portfolio as the responsible events manager.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties.
The above job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and is not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks.
• Proven experience running B2B events. Ideally these would include commercial awards events and/or commercial forums, either within Haymarket or another media company.
• Proven understanding and managing of a budget and P&L for events, with a clear understanding of the financial impact of the events.
• Proven ability to drive revenues.
• An ability to manage your own projects and project plans on a day-to-day basis.
• Knowledge and understanding of events marketing.
• Must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
• Good understanding of event production, suppliers and processes.
• Excellent written and spoken English as well as the ability to proof read written documents to a high standard.
• Sound understanding of event health and safety regulations and requirements (including risk assessments).
• The ability to maintain positive working relationships with all relevant stakeholders at all levels (including brand editorial and commercial teams, colleagues in the events department, data teams and external suppliers).
• Flexibility and willingness to attend events outside normal office hours.
• A degree in Hospitality/Event Management or other relevant discipline.
• A good understanding of the Eventsforce event management platform.
• Sales experience