Prestigious association within the global legal sector are looking for a bright and articulate Event Manager to deliver programme of international events and support on the membership communications.
Leading association/network within the legal sector – member firms are global, and the organisation have an international events programme to support them, with regular regional member conferences, and also network events (receptions, cocktails, dinners) at major legal sector events globally.
You’ll be responsible for delivering the annual programme of varied events – their events are global, and include Conferences (Annual Conference (2 days, 130pax), and Regional Conferences (30-100pax)), a week long overseas programme for junior lawyers, and numerous dinners/receptions/cocktail events through the year at relevant larger legal sector events. You’ll be responsible for full end-to-end event management of events, including attendance on-site. You’ll also be working closely with the Marketing Manager supporting on membership communications, so associated tasks would include website content updates, email comms, and marketing collateral. So a great role for an events all-rounder, who loves to travel, and is also interested in having involvement on the member comms side.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Event Management – end to end co-ordination of all event logistics
- Venue/hotel contracts, supplier sourcing, negotiation and management, catering, AV, registration and delegate comms, event materials, schedules etc
- Budget management of events
- Post event evaluation and reporting
- Assisting with membership communications, newsletters, annual reports, website and app content and updates
- General activities in support of the assocation’s activities, including schedule and co-ordinate meetings, organise travel etc, manage inter-member referral scheme, produce invoices for annual subscriptions, new member processing
You’ll have solid existing experience of delivering conferences and events, ideally internationally, with excellent organisational skills. You’ll have good writing skills, and be comfortable having a rounded role that includes involvement with the member communications and marketing aspects of the organisation. You’ll be comfortable working in a small team, and not precious about doing the admin required as well as the bigger tasks of event management. Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must, and previous exposure to an association and/or the legal sector is advantageous.
- Solid conference and event management skills, demonstrable experience of delivering a varied range of events
- Event logistics, including delegate management, speaker liaison, venue and supplier co-ordiantion and on-site management
- Event budgeting experience
- Excellent IT skills including powerpoint
- Good writing skills, and great attention to detail
- An aptitude for marketing and ability to creative effective marketing communications materials
- Knowledge of HTML and design would be an advantage
- Previous exposure to the legal environment and/or membership organisations desirable but not essential
- Confident in dealing with members/stakeholders, and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis
This is a really stimulating and varied role, that will bring global travel, and working for a prestigious and growing association within the legal sector. Great opportunity!
If your experience and ambitions match the key requirements and responsibilities as listed above, please reflect these in your CV and click “Apply” now!