About the Opportunity
As a Global Events Strategy Manager at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on program management and collaboration and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you’ll join our Marketing and Communications team in Henley on Thames Office and report to Director Global Events Strategy
You will be responsible for:
• Collaborate with the Global Events Leader and Events team across countries in order to scale a global events strategy and operational methodology
• Leverage technology to extend reach and engagement showcasing Pitney Bowes as a digitally savvy company and technology leader. Proactively seek to integrate digital experiences with the physical experience and/or create digital first events.
• Generate sales qualified leads
• Lead a team of global Events Managers and suppliers, to ensure optimal planning and delivery of events across the key markets including but not limited to UK, France, Germany, Italy, Norway and Sweden
• Define an agency partner strategy (and manage partners) to aid the optimum planning and delivery of events across Europe
o This position requires a strong balance of strategic thinking, creativity and innovation, detailed planning, strong operational and analytical skills
o Open minded, versatile
o Strong interpersonal skills – collaborating, influencing and challenging the status quo
o Extraordinary communicator (both written and verbal)
o Creative and resourceful
o Data aware, analytical and insight driven
o Solid Project Management skills
o Integrated Marketing Communications experience to inform the role of events within the mix
o Digitally marketing savvy
o Strong leadership skills to help identify the largest opportunity to make the most impact
o Talented manager of people creating enthusiasm and curiosity in the space
Ideal o 7-10 years in marketing leadership position with a minimum of 3 years in event strategy and management experience — from large scale events (proprietary events, conferences, tradeshows and sponsorships) to smaller more intimate events (executive forums, hosted dinners, advisory summits, etc) and digitally based events.
o Demonstrated track record of success in all key areas of responsibility, consistently innovating new event ideas, incorporating the latest trends and technologies while producing results consistently on time and within budget
o Global manager experience – ideally includes agency partners.
o Proven ability and experience in working across a matrixed, global team
At Pitney Bowes, our passionate and ambitious team delivers innovations that help clients navigate the complex and always evolving world of commerce: from helping them use data to market to the best customers, to enabling the sending of parcels and packages efficiently, to securing payments through statements and invoices. In everything we do, we deliver accuracy and precision to drive meaningful impact.
Pitney Bowes is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
All interested individuals must apply online.