The Account Manager – Business Development role involves managing day to day client contact and prospecting by email and phone. Account Managers will spend time getting under the skin of their clients whilst developing their knowledge and understanding of the different industries and sectors.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Building a worthwhile pipeline and fully qualified meetings for clients
- Suggesting potential insight leads to the Account Director on the account
- Actively prospecting on 1-3 client accounts
- Taking part in strategy sessions and brainstorms for your client
- Assessing the success of your campaigns continuously throughout prospecting.
- Joining social monkey’s to help come up with ideas and organise company events and socials
- Acting as a buddy to new starters
- Responsible for uploading potential leads to the database (target of 25-30)
- Writing and delivering weekly reports for all client accounts you are running
- Immersing yourself in industry news, monitoring latest top stories & trends that may be relevant to your clients or the wider team
- Degree educated from a top University
- Highly literate & articulate
- Good call handling, phone manner and email writing skills
- Strong relationship building skills & excellent communication skills
- Be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player, keen to learn and develop your skills
- Previous success in generating leads
- Keen to learn and develop
- Able to work under pressure & in a fast paced environment
Training & Progression:
You’ll have access to a range of training opportunities – both on the job and resource based. You’ll be completing the “Company University” course and applying the skills and knowledge you have gained to the daily running of your client accounts.
Salary: £22k (with an additional 5k – 10k commission)
Location: Central London
Start date: ASAP
About Instant Impact
Our client is the UK's leading business development consultancy for the Agency and Marketing communities. They help agencies grow by offering them a fully integrated suite of services - from lead generation, prospecting and inbound marketing management to new business events, PR and social media services.
They started life ten years ago as a lead generation agency, and this activity remains at the heart of the company. Their lead generation arm acts on behalf of around 50 agencies, working hard to secure properly qualified meetings with brand marketers.
They sit at the intersection of brands and agencies - and, equally important, the people on both sides. The team themselves are all very different however, they do share some common attributes; sociable, opinionated, articulate, intelligent, good sense of humour, relentless and enthusiastic.