- Passionate about Auckland’s waterfront?
- Care about Auckland’s public spaces?
- Iconic, special venues with a difference
- Use your outstanding events coordination and venue management skills in this high profile role
Panuku Development Auckland leads the strategic development across Auckland’s waterfront. Projects such as the development of Wynyard Quarter and Queens Wharf are examples of its contribution to the city’s and nation’s economic potential. We are seeking an experienced Venue Coordinator, with demonstrated experience in the events management arena to take up this new permanent opportunity. As the Venue Coordinator you will provide the coordinated delivery of and provide a high quality of service for clients that hire our venues on Queens Wharf.
Your key responsibilities will be around contracting the venue business and, together with the client, coordinating the logistics of delivering their events in our venues. You will work with the client, our stakeholders and service providers to deliver safe and high quality events on Queens Wharf.
- Answering sales enquiries right through to the planning requirements
- Prepare sales proposals and quotes
- Conduct site visits with clients
- Identify operations materials which are required for the event and liaise with suppliers
- Manage cleaning rosters
- Provide monthly reporting to management
- Raise and mitigate event and facility risk and issues leading up to the events
To be considered for this role you need experience on both sides of the events spectrum -both in managing events and managing venues with practical knowledge of large and small scale events including both corporate and public events. Ideally 4 years plus experience in sales and venue management or senior event coordination experience. Experience with Ungerboeck booking system is immensely helpful.
As well you will be a strong multitasker with a passion for this industry, events and people. You will be able to manage multiple projects with little supervision and deliver on time with a high degree of professionalism.
A good knowledge of Health and Safety is advantageous and you must be able to work weekends and evenings. This is a high profile role for a proactive and experienced venue coordinator with top skills who wants to drive their career forward.
Applications close on 8 November at 10.30pm
To apply for this job, please click here or go to our job site and enter the job code 86639SK