FOW Group, part of FTSE-250 news and information business Euromoney Institutional Investor plc, is looking to hire an Events Coordinator to support FOW’s Events team in planning and delivering events across our global portfolio.
The role will involve conference production (including speaker research and acquisition), logistics and marketing.
The successful candidate will be ambitious, solution-focused, fast-learning, driven and able to build good stakeholder relationships.
The role reports to the Head of Events and the Events Manager.
The role is an excellent introduction to B2B events in the financial sector.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Providing assistance and support for day to day running of FOW’s wide range of events
- Working closely with Events Manager to monitor events inboxes, answer queries and register delegates in a timely manner
- Assisting with logistics for events throughout the event management process from conception of event to the day of delivery
- Conducting sector relevant detailed speaker and participant contact research, online and by phone and then entering full and accurate details on database
- Assisting with programming
- Assisting with marketing campaigns
- Gathering feedback from events via Twitter and surveys and collate testimonials
- Updating figures for post events report including attendance and no-shows
- Carrying out general administrative duties: updating delegates and speakers lists, stationery/kit ordering
- Looking after transport logistics to and from the event
- Organising travel and accommodation booking for the team
Key Skills – Qualifications & Experience: Essential Requirements:
- Strong academics
- Experience in fast-paced office environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident in building new relationships, speaking on the telephone and negotiating with suppliers
- Creative and brings new ideas
- Flexible and practical approach
- Fast and accurate proofreading and data entry
- Fully familiar with Microsoft office
- Good telephone manner
- Meticulous and results focused
- Ability to work under pressure and towards strict deadlines
- A desire for international travel to some event locations
- Demonstrate an interest in financial markets
- One years’ experience in a business to business events environment
- Experience with database/events management systems