Location: United States or United Kingdom
Reports to: SVP, Global Sales & Service
This is a newly created position within our team focused on building and planning our entry into a new and exciting sector (Meetings & Events). We are looking for a highly motivated, tenacious self-starter with experience working in the global MICE sector and the ability to build a business plan to leverage the current expertise in this sector (within the network) and explore opportunities to grow and expand our footprint in this space. This position will ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning of the MICE initiative within the Radius Travel network, deployment, and client relationships. Identify objectives, strategies, and action plans to improve sales and earnings with existing and new Radius Travel clients.
- Build and develop a business plan to expand MICE business among current Radius clients
- Develop MICE product & technology offering through working with industry suppliers
- Partner with other departments within Radius with goal of ultimately offering end to end travel services to clients
- Deal and relate to suppliers such as transportation companies, hotel options, restaurant options, caterers and venues.
- Perform tasks related to coordination and logistics
- Look for options on a variety of details
- Prepare briefs for each of these choices and cost estimates
- Coordinate MICE sales efforts across network
- Support MICE Operations of Radius Member Agencies
- Extensive practical experience working with large gatherings in a hospitality environment.
- Global MICE experience preferred, regional experience considered
- Familiarity with industry tools such as CVent, Lanyon, Concur, etc.
- Competitive knowledge of MICE industry and strengths/weaknesses of competitors
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter mentality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficient user of excel, word and power point
- Excellent listening abilities to hear and understand the client needs
- Creative approach to solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel 25% of the time
*Candidates must attach their CV/resume to be considered for this position*