A very high profile state of the art events and exhibitions venue seeks an experienced Marketing Manager to provide full support to the Conference and Events team. The role holder will oversee the development and implementation of several marketing plans designed to attract corporate and association business from the UK and Overseas.
* Execution of targeted campaigns, utilising the full marketing mix, including PR, communications, trade shows, client hospitality, award entries and digital marketing.
* Work with the Digital Marketing Executive to ensure that clients benefit from the venue’s online marketing support package.
* Develop/manage the production of marketing material and literature.
* Implement a programme of regular client communications, complemented with PR and case studies via social media channels. Support objectives of the marketing plan, promote key messages and represent a consistent image of the venue’s brand. Ensure that all conference and events data is GDPR compliant.
* Work with the wider marketing team to manage the development of the website.
* Ensure the continued development of the venue’s social media strategy, integrating it within the rest of the marketing strategy for the conferences and events department. Content must be relevant, up to date and accurate, taking responsibility for developing new initiatives.
* Management of the marketing budgets for the Conferences department – demonstrate the ROI of all marketing activity.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of developing and executing marketing plans/communication strategies with measurable business outcomes. Using a destination marketing approach, candidates should be capable of demonstrating a solid track record of business development within the events industry (from both new and existing clients).
It is essential to have relevant marketing experience within the events industry either agency, venue or client side. An excellent grasp of social media and related technologies is also required to enable the driving of business performance.
Educated to graduate level, preferably in marketing, communications or strategy discipline. CIM qualification or membership desirable but not essential.