Alexandra Palace is an iconic North London venue that offers everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London.
Alexandra Park first opened in 1863 and Alexandra Palace opened in 1873. The Palace has survived two fires, hosted the first ever television broadcast and has seen millions of visitors experience events for over the last 140 years.
About The Role
The Sales Account Executive (New Business Development) is part of the Sales team. The purpose of the role is to identify new business through reactive and proactive sales working to achieve business targets. In addition the post holder is required to support the wider team with new and existing clients and accounts delivering excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a proactive sales role preferably gained within an events venue alongside a proven record of consistently achieving sales targets. Other essential experience includes negotiating contracts for commercial business and account management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire new business through proactive selling of the venue for the hire of Alexandra Palace’s commercial spaces, including the Halls, Victorian Theatre, East Court and Park.
- Manage new and existing accounts delivering excellent customer service
- Create, negotiate and close contracts for commercial business
- Maintain client information and budgets for nominated events
- Promote Alexandra Palace’s offer through proactive networking
- Support the procurement and account management of preferred catering suppliers
- Participate in working groups for the development of Alexandra Palace’s in-house events programme using industry knowledge and awareness of current trends
- Experience in a proactive sales role preferably gained in an event venue
- Proven record of consistently achieving sales targets
- Experience using a CRM system such as Artifax or similar
- Experience negotiating contracts for commercial business
- Experience managing accounts and maintaining client relationships
- Confident communicator
- Strong written English with the ability to write proposals
- Good numerical skills with the ability to produce financial reports
- Experience of creating and implementing marketing campaigns
- Experience of finance administration e.g. raising purchase orders and reconciling invoices
This is not an exhaustive list. Please see the Job Pack for further details
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20 April 2018