Special Events Coordinator
- Provide administrative support and coordinator assistance for the Special Events Department in organizing and managing special events executed for the University Relations division.
- for, managing and evaluating the success of special events and other activities.
- Manage online registration system and serve as one of the registration super users for the department. Set up online registration pages for events, troubleshoot registration issues and process RSVPs. Cvent and/or iModules experience preferred.
- Manage pre-event preparation (such as signage, name tags, attendance lists and other assignments as necessary) and coordinate day-of operations (vendors, set-up of rooms, deliveries, etc.)
- Manage on-site registration for guests and process payments by cash, check or credit card before and during the event.
- Execute marketing plans for signature events as needed with direction from Event Manager and Project Lead.
- Troubleshoot at events by contacting appropriate personnel in conferences, catering, facilities, public safety and others.
- Work with Development Services to process event gifts as necessary.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries received through the Special Events Hotline, Email or mail.
- Work in collaboration with peer Coordinators to assist in maintaining and managing complex database for tracking event participation.
- Prepare and track expense summary and final invoicing of events.
- Maintain a small portfolio of events.